Friday, November 29, 2013

Unusual things found in books: Part Four or Five

Usually, when I write about this topic, (and I don't remember how many times I've done it) I'm referring to odd little bookmarks. This time, however, I thought it would be interesting to include text prepared by the authors and placed on the back side of the title page under the heading Note of Acknowledgement.

The authors (Cadwallader and Nudnick) in their Little BlackBook: A Manual for Bachelors, stated the following:

Because we have spent so much time in hotels, we have numbered the pages starting with 101. We also did this to increase the scope of the manual and to acknowledge that vast bulk of material that goes without saying.

A sense of humor never hurt anyone, especially when the topic is so silly (my opinion).

The authors also dedicated the book with the following words:

Grudgingly dedicated to the two little girls without whose jeers and snide remarks this book would never have been finished.

(Here are the previous posts about this same topic.)
 Part One
Part Two
Part Three

No comments:

Post a Comment