Wednesday, December 8, 2010

About blogging and writing

I’ve noticed that blogs related to writing and writers perform two major services.

First, they provide information and entertainment. That's a good thing.

Second, they promote the blog author’s published works. That's a good thing.

Sad to say, although I’m getting closer to a publishing deal, I have nothing to sell. Oh, sure, I have some text links to a few products that might earn me a few cents as an affiliate but I don’t count that. Those links are more an learning experience.

 But, if you expect to be a successful writer, you should, as I eventually will, concentrate on the second good thing.

Cross my fingers (and yours, if you wish), in hopes that I’ll soon be able to start showing off my success stories. (A wish that goes to you as well.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment