Thursday, December 16, 2010

Go ahead, write

It must be the season

About once a week, I use the Next Blog button on blogger to get a sense of what people are writing about and to see if anything catches my interest enough for follow-up or comment. I look at this as an extension of my hardback reading, as research, and as a voyeur looking into the windows of the soul of others.

This week, I noticed that every time I clicked the next button, the ensuing blog focused on religion – religion of every belief, including Islam, Mormon, Catholic, unidentified Christian, Buddhist. Some of these were very well written, engagingly so; others were rather mundane, and in all but one case, the updates were frequent.

The rash of religious postings prompted me to encourage others to realize that no matter what brand of religion you cling to, the season of Christmas, besides celebrating the birth of Christ, should be a reminder that we all live on this planet, share the air, the water, the ground.

I don’t know why these ramblings appear on this post but this particular exploration made me realize that everyone has a story to tell, including you. So go ahead and write it. Put it in a journal, a manuscript, a blog. It doesn’t matter if it’s a war story, a love story, an inspirational journey or a lesson for life. It might inspire any number of reactions from readers but eventually, it will reach someone who appreciates what you’ve said.

No comments:

Post a Comment